Friday, July 8, 2011

Now what XD

And now I'm back at home on the East Coast a week after getting back to the U.S., solidly in the thick of helping with wedding planning and making arrangements for moving to my new apartment. It's so easy to get swept up in what is going on over here and become distanced from everything that happened Over There. But Here is not less important than There, and I'm learning to be at peace and trying my best wherever I am.

Thanks to the Internet, it's easier than ever to keep up to date with the other side of the world. Teams are coming and going. I'm still praying for CRASH regularly. I was so filled with joy to read the following update about Mr. O-uchi, whose farm our team helped clean:

"...[O-uchi-san] went into the green house and pulled weeds with us. He seemed at peace with the fact that he'll be able to farm again -I think at one point he believed he was never going to farm again. Before we left, we took pictures and [a team member] asked if he could shake O-uchi san's hand and then went in for a hug. O-uchi san was moved by this action and was teary-eyed. We firmly believe O-uchi san will come to acknowledge God's power."

I can only echo the sentiments of the wonderful girl who shared that update with me: "I'm so blessed that God allowed me to be a part of His will."

No comments:

Post a Comment